Broadcast Journalism II
1. Media Literacy: – History of Broadcast Journalism; – Media Habits; – Elements of Broadcast News; – Current Events
2. Writing In Broadcast Style – Writing for the ear; – Broadcast News Vocabulary (the ethics); – What You See is What You Say (Writing to Video);-Writing to Time;- Structure, leads, elements; – avoiding libelous speech.
3. News Stories – Types / forms (breaking news through kickers); – elements of the news package; – shooting the news package; – assembling the news package; – editing the news package
4. Field – Reporting: – shooting usable video footage; – conducting the on-camera interview; – shooting telling B – roll; – composing interesting shots; – telling stories in unconventional ways
5. Presenting the News: News anchors and presenters; the talent (Qualities of news Anchors); Jobs in radio
6. News reading mechanics: Speed ;Breathing ;Projection ;Emphasis ;Pitch ;Microphone technique ;Bringing the story to life
7. Radio News Coverage (Story Treatment): Newsflash; Headline; Copy story; Voice or voice report; Teaser or taster; Voice report from the scene; Interview; News clip.
Application for admission should be made on the prescribed forms obtainable from the School. Completed application forms should be submitted together with two passport- sized photographs and a certified copy of student results slip and certificates within the prescribed period of time to the registrar.
(5) Five passes including Mathematics and English Language
O’LEVEL / GBCE And A’ Level / ABC applicants
Five passes including English Language and Mathematics