Newspaper Reporting I
The course is an introduction to the journalism industry and to basic journalism skills. It teaches the fundamental practical skills for newsgathering, news evaluation, and news writing. It prepares students for advanced journalism and for the profession.
Customized For Quick Learning
1. News: Definitions, News values, sources of news, news gathering, news story and its structure, the essential of news writing, the importance of lead in a news story, different kind of leads. Qualifications and of responsibilities of reported categories of reporters.
2. The Reporter and His Attributes
3. Types of reporting: crime, accidents, social and culture, sports, business, political meetings and rallies, science and agriculture, court and parliament, diplomatic and war.
4. Edition: Meaning and definition, qualities and responsibilities of an editor, news editor, deputy news editor, chief sub-editors. Role of good sub-editor…
5. Headings: Importance and definition, various types of headings, the typography of special headings, the language of headings.
Application for admission should be made on the prescribed forms obtainable from the School. Completed application forms should be submitted together with two passport- sized photographs and a certified copy of student results slip and certificates within the prescribed period of time to the registrar.
(5) Five passes including Mathematics and English Language
O’LEVEL / GBCE And A’ Level / ABC applicants
Five passes including English Language and Mathematics